We provide workshops to help lift the technical competency of your staff through the adoption of cutting edge tools and technologies. Not everybody prefers group learning, so we have options for one-on-one training as well as group workshops. Have a browse through the available courses and see if there is one that meets your needs.
For absolute beginners through to those who could do with a refresher.
Getting started with Python is designed to provide an introduction to the basic syntax and feature set of Python. No prior programming experience is assumed, however an appetite to learn and work with computers will certainly help! In the course we cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Python, where it came from and why
- Using Jupyter notebooks for easy program development
- All essential Python functionality such as:
- All the essential data types such as numbers, strings, lists, tuples and dictionaries
- Making decisions with if statements and other flow control structures
- Reading and writing to files
- Making functions that do useful things within programs
- Putting functions together into Python modules
If we have time we will do a challenging and fun exercise that is designed to solidify your knowledge.
For intermediate users and higher.
This is course is designed for intermediate Python users and those who have registered for the basic course Getting started with Python. We will explore the Pandas and SQLAlchemy libraries and how they can be useful for:
- Getting data in and out of Excel spreadsheets
- Processing data by row and column in a Pandas dataframe
- Plotting time-series data
- Connecting to relational databases in a way that transcends the myriad of SQL dialects
- Building and dropping tables
- Running SQL queries and filtering results
- Getting information in to and out of relational databases using the SQLAlchemy Object Relational Mapper
For intermediate users with a STEM background.
This course is designed for intermediate Python users and those have registered for the basic course Getting started with Python. The course imparts a set of really useful skills for number crunching with Python, such as:
- Process data in multi-dimensional arrays using Numpy
- Explore the limitless capability of Matplotlib to Visualise 2D and 3D data
- Delve into the advanced science capabilites of the Scipy module, with examples in:
- Integration and interpolation
- Signal processing
- Linear algebra and optimisation
If there is time we will attempt a selection of advanced STEM-based exercises to offer students an opportunity to hone their craft.
Advanced users only: must be proficient in Python and comfortable with learning a small amount of C.
GPU computing with Python is
aimed at intermediate and advanced Python developers who
need to accelerate parallelisable algorithms. Some of the
core topics covered are as follows:
- Understanding how OpenCL and CUDA map work
to compute devices.
- Managing memory on the compute device.
- Writing compute kernels to process data in Numpy
- Computing Fourier transforms over multi-
- Optimisation tips for getting the best out of kernels.
The day includes interactive exercises that are designed to solidify knowledge.
Course delivery and logistics
All of our workshops are taught by example from instructors that really care about you and your staff, with close attention paid to maximising educational value. Each workshop usually requires the investment of at least two full days. With regard to logistics we have a number of options available including:
- On premises, where we come and teach the course using your facilities (Perth metropolitan area or by travel arrangement at an additional cost.).
- Online via video conferencing (available worldwide).
In order to keep the educational quality high we keep class sizes in the range of 1-16 participants. A workshop can be repeated for as many times as necessary to cover your training needs. Workshops may be combined to create a tailored "boot camp" experience spanning several days.
Ready to commit?
So great to have you on the journey! If you are in the Perth Metropolitan area or would like to train online you can enrol in your nominated course using the "Enrol in class" buttons above. Pelagos will then contact you to organise the logistics. Otherwise, for a more tailored training experience contact Pelagos at the button below and we will be in touch soon!